WASHINGTON, D.C. --
Compassion will be at the top of the menu next Thursday on April 26th, during the 16th annual ‘Dining Out for Life’ event benefiting Food & Friends
Close to 130 restaurants have partnered to donate a portion of their proceeds from the day to Food & Friends’ clients living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-challenging illnesses throughout the National Capital Region.
Some participating venues, such as Posto
and Ristorante Tosca
, will be donating 100% of dinner proceeds for the occasion. The remaining restaurants will all be donating between 25%-50% of sales from either lunch or dinner tickets, including Hank’s Oyster Bar
(50% of dinner), Marvin
(35% of dinner), Commissary
(25% of lunch and dinner), Logan Tavern
(25% of lunch and dinner), and Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
(25% of dinner).
Photo by Glyn Lowe Photoworks (flickr.com/photos/glynlowe/6666639729).
New for 2012, all four of the District’s Whole Foods
stores have pledged 50% of the proceeds from their salad and hot food bars throughout the day to Food & Friends.
And naturally, ‘Queen Force One’, an enthusiastic troupe of drag queens, will be back this year making periodic stops at participating restaurants throughout the evening:
- 6:45pm - Perry’s Restaurant & Mintwood Place (1811 & 1813 Columbia Road, NW)
- 7:10pm - Mellow Mushroom & Little Fountain Café (2436 & 2339 18th Street, NW)
- 7:30pm - La Tomate (1701 Connecticut Ave, NW)
- 8:00pm - Tabard Inn (1739 N Street, NW) & Beacon Bar and Grill (1615 Rhode Island Ave., NW)
- 8:30pm - Annie’s Paramount Steak House (1609 17th St, NW) & Hank’s Oyster Bar (1624 Q St, NW)
- 9:00pm - Skewer’s & Café Luna (1633 P Street, NW)
- 9:30pm - Commissary & Logan Tavern (1423 & 1443 P Street, NW)
- 10:00pm - Posto & Pearl Dive Oyster Bar (1515 14th Street, NW)
This year’s Dining Out for Life event will take place across more than 3,500 restaurants in 60 different cities around the world.
A complete list of all of the District's participating venues can be found at the Dining Out for Life