Chef Jennifer Carroll's fifth Rogue Session course consisted of tree & leaf beets, zatar, dilled yogurt, and steelhead roe.
BLAGDEN ALLEY --
The Philadelphia-based ‘Concrete Blonde’ herself, Chef Jennifer Carroll
, brought her feisty attitude and fabled culinary prowess to Rogue 24
, during the eighth installment of the restaurant’s exclusive (now) 9-week culinary series dubbed ‘Rogue Sessions’.
Olive oil sponge/kumquats/black pepper/honeycomb.
Well recognized for her ability to create dishes that both look and
taste exceptional, Carroll is currently in the process of opening her own restaurant (allegedly
with the ‘Concrete Blonde’ moniker) while simultaneously managing her boutique culinary consulting and service company: Carroll Couture Cuisine, LLC.
Speckled trout/hard egg/rye.
Perhaps best known to national foodies for her stint on the sixth season of Top Chef
, Carroll has plied her craft in kitchens all around the country. Although her most famous appointment prior to her 10 Arts tenure was clearly as sous chef to Eric Ripert
in Manhattan’s famed Le Bernardin
The self-described culinary journey, as prepared by Carroll, was as follows:
- Course 1: Tomato/ricotta salata/basil
- Course 2: Kimchi/pickled remoulade
- Course 3: Ossetra/cauliflower/apple
- Course 4: Little rap oysters/verjus/pedro ximenez mignonette
- Course 5: Tree & leaf beets/zatar/dilled yogurt/steelhead roe
- Course 6: Urchin/seaweed/squid ink/clamato/sea air
Tuna/heirloom radish/bonito/passion fruit.
- Course 7: Tuna/heirloom radish/bonito/passion fruit
- Course 8: Octopus/eggplant/chickpeas
- Course 9: Black cod/lime vierge/carrot/shrimp-sambal
Mackerel/heirloom radish/potato/black current mustard.
- Course 10: Mackerel/heirloom radish/potato/black current mustard
- Course 11: Poulet rouge ravioli/truffle/chestnut cream/reggiano/brussels
- Course 12: Speckled trout/hard egg/rye
Escolar/samphire/black olive/blood orange.
- Course 13: 63-degree egg/migas/bottarga/tune spine dashi/flowers
- Course 14: Escolar/samphire/black olive/blood orange
- Course 15: Rabbit/squash/sage/mustard seeds
- Course 16: Ox tongue/mostarda/liquid bread/bitter herbs
- Course 17: Smoked carrot/bitter orange/green goddess/soil
- Course 18: Shabu shabu/hen o’ the wood/onion/bouillon
Tree & leaf beets/zatar/dilled yogurt/steelhead roe.
- Course 19: Foie gras/lavender/concord grape
- Course 20: Snails/black trumpet/chinese sausage/garlic
- Course 21: Blue pecorino/date/preserved walnut/bliss
- Course 22: Olive oil sponge/kumquats/black pepper/honeycomb
- Course 23: Rice pudding/chocolate sponge/peanut/coco nib
- Course 24: Happy endings/little things/small bites
The ninth and final week of Rogue Sessions is now in progress with Jose Andres alum Chef Katsuya Fukushima
of Chinatown’s soon-to-open authentic ramen and izakaya restaurant Daikaya. Reservations are available via the Gilt City, Washington D.C. website