Chicago-based Blackbird's Chef de Cuisine David Posey was charged with Rogue 24's fifth 'Rogue Session'.
BLAGDEN ALLEY --
The ‘Windy City’ temporarily lent the District one of its top culinary talents last week, as Chef David Posey
took the helm of Rogue 24
’s gleaming kitchen, for the fifth chapter of the restaurant’s exclusive 8-week culinary series dubbed ‘Rogue Sessions’.
The California native made his first foray into the restaurant industry while still in high school before graduating from New York’s legendary Culinary Institute of America
. Posey first shot to foodie fame as a protégé of the legendary Chef Grant Achatz
(oftentimes quoted as one of the pioneering leaders of molecular gastronomy), with whom he worked while at the then top-rated Trio and the Michelin-rated three star Alinea
After a stint at organic food retail giant Whole Foods
self-designed to teach him more about seasonality and organic ingredients, Posey joined the team of restaurateur Paul Kahan
’s upscale Blackbird
, where he currently serves as Chef de Cuisine.
Pork shoulder/sunchokes/burnt leek/kumquat/horseradish.
The self-described culinary journey, as prepared by Posey, was as follows:
- Course 1: House fried rice special #2/duck/vegetables/soy/sesame
- Course 2: Kimchi cracklins/smoked trout roe
- Course 3: Pizza paper/ricotta/olive oil/tomato
- Course 4: Sheep’s milk yogurt/eggplant/sumac/olive oil
- Course 5: Smoked hamachi tartare/daikon/apple
- Course 6: Sea urchin/lava/coral/seaweed/sea air
- Course 7: Sea bass/chorizo/parsnip/clam/pear
- Course 8: Octopus confit/chestnuts/fingerlime/fennel
- Course 9: Bay scallops/grapefruit/chiogga/peanuts
- Course 10: Ossetra/cauliflower/apple/cider bubbles
- Course 11: Creamed snails/lentils/pear/celery
- Course 12: Foie gras torchon/parsley root/pickled lime/sunflower
Cheftender Bryan Tetorakis’ ‘Tripel Dubbel’ (high west double rye/tangerine/gran clasico/saxo blonde ale).
- Course 13: Swordfish/mortared scale/cara cara orange/olive
- Course 14: Sea trout/smoked panisse/cipollini/soy/maple
- Course 15: Roasted lobster/polenta/king trumpet/carrot/coffee
- Course 16: Butternut squash soup/arctic char/baby peach/stout
- Course 17: Barley risotto/broccoli/yolk/yuzu
- Course 18: Shabu shabu/short rib/aromatic broth
- Course 19: Lamb belly/chicory/escarole/turnip/hollandaise
- Course 20: Ox tongue/sourdough/mostarda/bitter herb
- Course 21: Pork shoulder/sunchokes/burnt leek/kumquat/horseradish
- Course 22: Coconut/green mango/serrano/peanut butter
- Course 23: PB&J/white chocolate/toast
- Course 24: Happy endings/little things/small bites
The sixth week of Rogue Sessions is now in progress with James Beard Award-winner Chef Chef John Currence
. Reservations are available via the Gilt City, Washington D.C. website